We have formed a Support Group that will discuss and support its members on issues relating to senior housing and care facilities.
We will discuss and answer questions about the different types of senior housing available — such as independent living facilities, Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC’s), Assisted Living, Nursing Homes & Rehabilitation Facilities, Board & Care Facilities, Respite Care, and others — and discuss the differences between them.
We will share tips on topics such as:
* What to ask, look for, and investigate in choosing a senior housing facility for your loved one;
* To what extent and how are the different types of care facilities regulated;
* Where to find information on inspection reports and evaluations of different types of care facilities;
* What to expect and how to monitor the care your loved one is receiving; and
* What are the average costs of different types of care facilities in different parts of the country;
* How to cover the costs of long-term care in a care facility.
Share your issues, challenges, and tips with our Moderators and other caregivers, and receive and give support.
TO JOIN THE DISCUSSION, YOU MUST LOG IN, OR REGISTER (IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY DONE SO).
Then, go to this Support Group, click on Join Group (if you have not already done so), click on the topic that interests you, or start a new topic, and join in the discussion.
We look forward to your participation in our Community.